We all love a good bird, right!?! You know exactly how to cook your Thanksgiving Turkey and would never dare change your mind on making a few alterations on the preparation of the golden turkey…or would you!?! This year, like every Thanksgiving is a new year for new and old traditions. We have a few tips on making your Thanksgiving turkey extra delicious this year!
- Most turkeys already come brined from the grocery stores and so the extra salt is not necessary
- be certain to get everything out of the cavity of the turkey and clean it really well
- olive oil mixed with a fresh herb is a great cover for the turkey so the skin browns better while it’s being roasted ( like tanning oil)
- save the stuffing for on the side
- cook your turkey breast side down for at least half the cooking time in the oven – this gives the bottom of your beautiful turkey a little crispiness on the bottom for those skin lovers out there
- turn your turkey over breast side up after at least half the cooking time in the oven – this will give you a golden brown turkey without over cooking the top
- if you start to see parts of your turkey browning quicker than others, take a small piece of foil and cover the dark brown areas (this keeps it from browning as fast)
- use a metal thermometer to check the temperature, not the plastic ones that come with most turkeys
- the safe and most reliable temperature your turkey should be (on the thickest breast side) is at 165 degrees
- KEEP THE DRIPPINGS FROM THE ROASTING PAN ~ people like these!!
- last but not least, take a good picture and share your delicious turkey with us!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving & we will see you next time…The Russell Group